Thursday, May 21, 2009

Writing Again...

Writing spec screenplays is one of the hardest endeavors. You pour your heart, mind and soul, blood, sweat and sould into something that, more often than not, goes nowhere. The same can be said of most art forms, but they do not require a crew of dozens and a lot of money in order to see the final product to fruition. A novelist writes a book - a publisher releases it. An artist paints - someone buys. A screenwriter sells a script - it requires many people and much money before the movie is seen by an audience.

It is the ultimate act of faith: the odds stacked high against you, no guarantee whatsoever that it will ever work out, but you do it anyway. But, what else do I want to do with my life? I have to believe this is why God put me on earth, and one day I will see the fruits of my tireless labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment