Saturday, June 20, 2009

HK/American Crime Thriller Part II


This week I'll be on my Desert Island. That means phones off, door locked, shades pulled, a plentiful supply of good food and beverage, and nose-to-the-grindstone, pedal-to-the-metal, rock-'til-you-drop writing.

On Friday, my manager contacted me about a company looking for low budget action thrillers in the vein of "TAKEN," "DEATH WISH," etc. I'm actually polishing a script right now - my Michael Mann meets 90's HK Triad potboiler action thriller - that's exactly what they're looking for. Problem is, I'm still polishing it, and I leave for the beach next Sunday.

That means I have until Thursday evening to complete this script.

I got to page 85 (of 107 pages) of the polish last Thursday. That leaves me 22 pages of the original polish, plus starting from the beginning and doing a final pass.

I printed out a copy for work, hoping to knock out a fair amount on my breaks before my actual writing days, Monday through Thursday. Since this isn't rewriting, only polishing, I can just concentrate on making what I have better and not have to worry about changing whole story elements.

I'll break it all up with rewards: "Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 3" and "Batman: The Animated Series Vol. 2" DVD's, DVR-ed "Corner Gas," and Netflix.

No guts, no glory. No pain, no gain. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment