Monday, June 22, 2009

HK/American Crime Thriller Part III


(Gotta give props to the best pure action movie ever made.)

I didn't get to make as much of a dent in the script at work as I had originally planned, putting me somewhat behind. However, obstacles just make accomplishing a given goal that much sweeter. And I will finish this script by Friday morning.

I've divided the screenplay into four 27 page blocks, putting the final page count at 107-109. I was able to polish around 40 pages at work. That took care of the 27 pages of today (Monday) and about half tomorrow. Wednesday and Thursday, however, I'll have to go a lot slower, having to account for the "at-work" polish that didn't complete, plus this final polish.

Everything is on schedule. What I find ironic, though, is despite this pressure-cooker deadline (that I've imposed on myself), I actually feel a lot looser and more free than my normal writing schedule. Yes, this is like having the house already built and you're just doing touch-ups inside and out, as opposed having to do wholesale changes in the story, but I feel zero stress and I'm actually having a ball. I guess it's because I'm allowing myself mucho-food and DVD rewards this week. Also, it may because this is the script that's supposed to sell and the good Lord is providing me with the needed muse. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment