Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hump Day

After my...adventurous...day yesterday, I decided to treat myself to some Dunkin' Donuts this morning as I worked on my script. ("Mmmm...Dunkin' Donuts.") I'm on page 21, and on schedule, of my small town dramedy, and I'm really digging it. It's breezy, funny, and very light on its feet. A bakery figures prominently into the story, and that perfectly sums up the feeling of this script - a sweet confection.

Last night turned out to be a bust on the viewing - O'Reilly had an uninteresting line up, and Melinda and Melinda was full screen on IFC, not widescreen (luckily, I'd already seen it when it first came out on DVD.) I tried DVR-ed Teachers, the 1984 Nick Nolte teaching flick, but I couldn't concentrate. Companies passing on my scripts don't affect me in any real way. Sure, it's disappointing, but I don't huddle in a corner and rock back and forth while quietly sobbing. Or drink. I tend to go into a temporary tailspin, where I can't concentrate for that evening, bouncing from one thing to the next. Tonight will be more focused. Grilling some chicken and listening to Elton John's Madman Across The Water, one of the greatest CD's by anyone ever, as I do it. Feel like some "Corner Gas" after O'Reilly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment