Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - The Year It Happens

2009 was a waste of time. I take that back - yes, I wrote new screenplays and polished old ones, but that was it. No e-mailing queries to production companies, or chasing down leads for my manager. Instead, I sat in the comfort of the ivory tower of my study, clacking away on my keyboard, expecting someone to kick in my door and demand I hand over the latest draft of my latest script.

It wasn't arrogance; it was just laziness.

This year, though, I'm determined to sell a screenplay. I'm not talking about just redoubling efforts or reupping my commitment. Those imply I'm just returning to a previous, status-quo level of dedication. This is raising the bar to a whole new level of commitment.

I will be tireless. I will not rest. I will track down leads and send out e-mail queries until I sell a screenplay. Nothing or no one will stop me.

My first project is a polish of a small town romantic drama that will be aimed at the indie and cable market. "Party Of Five" is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I used its reality-heavy melodrama as a model - everyday people dealing with everyday problems. I plan to finish it out next week, and then start the e-mail query.

The time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment