Friday, November 27, 2009

November/December Horror Project



I guess my plan of penning a first, rough draft of a screenplay for September, October, November and December is a bust. Lesson learned: the human brain can only be pushed so far before it pushes back.

Instead, for November and Decemeber, I've been working on a rewrite/polish of a horror script. You should always be writing on something. If a new idea isn't striking your fancy, then pull out an older script, polish it, and put it out there. That should always be Plan B.
Even though this horror script is a few years old, the idea is still as fresh as the day I wrote the very first draft.

I'm a fan of the annual After Dark 8 Films To Die For horror film festival. I've only missed one. One of my goals is to get a film made that makes it into one of the line up. The 2006 festival introduced me to two of my favorite horror films of recent years - "THE ABANDONED" and "THE GRAVEDANCERS." (I also liked "DARK RIDE.")

No comments:

Post a Comment