Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kim Richey & The Small Town Dramedy

After a brief absence (due to random life stuff), I've returned. Yesterday, I finished my small town dramatic comedy. I'm very pleased with the final result. To some it might be too slight, too much of an inconsequential slice-of-life. Personally, as a moviegoer, I'd love to spend two hours with these characters. My aim was a light confection of amiable characters and breezy humor. I think I hit the mark.

I mentioned in an earlier post that Shawn Colvin had become the soundtrack to this script. (Who I listened to while writing.) While perusing Rhapsody, I came across Kim Richey. I thought I had uncovered an unknown gem. It turned out she has been around for years and, most recently, a collaborator with Ryan Adams. Oh well.

I threw her CD's onto my Rhapsody playlist, along with Colvin. Their brand of country-folk-pop fit the screenplay perfectly. Kim Richey's Glimmer CD is especially good. It will be a purhcase.

All in all, I really like this script. Now, let's hope others will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment