Thursday, September 17, 2009

The September Sports Comedy Continued And The New NBC Thursday

I'm on page 44 of my Ron Shelton/Will Ferrell hybrid sports comedy. My goal was to write 24-rough draft pages a week until the end of the month, equalling about 100 pages. I'm more or less on course, which of course is great. (Don't you love how I doubly used "course" in the space of two words. I'm impressed, too.)

This script is an interesting experience. It "seems" like it's going to be funny. The jokes work; I'm just not laughing right now. I'll do that when I go back and do the rewrite/polish. Right now, I'm only trying to get the draft down on paper...well, Final Draft.

What's also great is the premiere of NBC's new Thursday night line up. I'm already a viewer of "The Office" and "Parks And Recreation." (I find "30 Rock" bland and strangely overrated.) "Community" looks fantastic. Hopefully, my Thursday night TV viewing, with college football on ESPN, is now full.

No comments:

Post a Comment