Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November Short Film

I started November with the hopes of penning a very rough, first draft of a long-gestating cop thriller that had been brewing for quite awhile. I had every intention of sticking with my September, October, November and December plan of writing very rough drafts of scripts that I had previously outlined, or at least had a good idea of the general shape of the story. I guess I needed a break. I couldn't get going on the cop thriller. The inspiration just wasn't there.

Putting that aside, I wasted a week - the first week of November -
trying to figure out what project to do in its place. A friend of mine, Rick Hansberry, has had a couple of his short film scripts made; a third on the way. Since he's had success in this arena, I decided to throw my hat into the ring. I've only penned a couple of short film scripts, and that was several years ago.

I love "The Twilight Zone" and both incarnations of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents." Using those as guiding lights, I wrote two 10-page horror shorts. For someone who usually doesn't write these, they're quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment