Thursday, February 9, 2012

"The January Partial Script"

My first goal of finishing rough first drafts of partial scripts was a tiny character drama. I had written about 15 pages of it a few years ago. I knew the ending, parts of the middle. With all of that, I managed to bang out an 80 page "ball of wax" to work with later. I love those semi-impressionistic indie dramas. Where acoustic folk plays over a series of images that tell the story along with the dialogue scenes. STATION AGENT is one of the best ones. The plot was (accidentally) straight out of Nicholas Sparks, but instead of sappy melodrama, it turned out just how I wanted. The Rhapsody playlist was Iron and Wine and Kings of Convenience. They fit perfectly with the breezy, nostalgic feel of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment