Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Novel...

Once I e-publish it, I'll do an in depth write-up of the origins, etc. For right now, let's see...I wrote a very first draft, did a round of rewrites, and printed it out. I marked up that hard copy, and as I made those changes on MS WORD, I did another pass. Printed THAT out, marked it up, and now I'm making THOSE changes on MS WORD, and keeping an eye out for any other changes I need to make and may have missed. (So far, there's been only a few.)

This is the part of writing I loathe - the final, "cosmetic" rewrite, where the story is done. All the changes being made are just tweaking a word here, or a sentence there. It's the writing equivalent of cleaning your bathroom. (It HAS to be done, can't be avoided. It's just no fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment