Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kate Hudson

I love this woman. Seriously. I saw "200 CIGARETTES" in '98 and instantly fell in love with "that blonde chick. You know - the new one. The one that looks like Goldie Hawn. What? What do you mean her daughter?" (conversation approximated.)

In 1999, I was waiting at the doors for Video Update to open so I could rent "DESERT BLUE." Yes, the clerk had the same reaction. ("You've been waiting here for what?" )

"ALMOST FAMOUS" fell somewhere in here. It's one of the best films in the past ten years.

Since "ALMOST FAMOUS" - one of the best films in the past ten years - she's made...(can't use "dreck," "drivel," or "vacuous wastes of time," you may work with her one day)..."lesser" films. (yeah, "lesser." Heh, heh, if they only knew what you were really thinking. Good job, my friend.)

Of these, "HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN TEN DAYS" is her best; a solidly entertaining studio romantic comedy.

Kate is one of the most talented and versatile actresses. She can play it all; she can do it all; she can be it all. I hope one day she can land The Role in The Project that fully realizes her potential. If I can correctly use the semi-colon, she can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment