Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pete Yorn

Why isn't this guy a superstar? (I guess that's a good thing. If he were, I'd be complaining, "everyone knows who he is," which, would be good for him, but this is more about how I feel.)

Yorn is (somewhat) known for his placid "Strange Condition" and the transplendid "Undercover." Aimee Mann was in a similiar position several years ago - a cult artist who found moderate success with songs on the "MAGNOLIA" soundtrack.

I've never considered a new artist to be one of the best of all time. Hyperbole aside, "musicforthemorningafter" and "Nightcrawler" are instant classics. With "Life On A Chain," "Lose You," "Closet," "Crystal Village," "Murrary," "Sleep Better," "For Us," "The Man," "Ice Age," and the aforementioned masterpiece that is "Undercover," he'll go down as one of the best of all time in my book.

Pete Yorn's Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment