Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Listen here, Denise."

I work the weekend night shift at St. Jude Medical. That's Friday-Sunday night. (Sounds horrible, I know, but for a writer, four days off a week? Come on.) I always have to wind down after work in the mornings, and I do this with a sitcom and breakfast. I usually pick a show, start from the beginning, and watch it through. Currently, I'm revisiting the wonderful "Scrubs."

While I can't quite count this as one of my favorite shows of all time, it's certainly one of the best, with it's balance of zany humor and heartfelt drama. The cast is uniformly fantastic, but the unsung hero is John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox. McGinley has created one of the most complex sitcom characters I've ever seen - a searingly sarcastic egomaniac who loves everyone but himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment