Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Gary Unmarried"

A very solid sitcom that doesn't try to re-invent the wheel, instead tries to be a very solid sitcom, and it succeeds.

Jay Mohr is funny. As are the kids (don't feel like IMDB-ing their names. No offense to the actors. They're good. I'm just lazy.)
The clean-up hitter, though, is Paula Marshall. I've been a big fan for many years. (At one time I had every episode of "Chicago Sons" recorded on VHS. In your FACE.)

Even though TV critics likened her to a "Show Killer," since all of her shows get canceled within or after one season, I still watched every single one. Paula has always been a very gifted comedienne. (Is that spelled right? I don't feel like Merriam-Webster-ing it. No offense to the word. It's good. I'm just lazy.) She's just never found her showcase show. Paula has finally found her role.

No comments:

Post a Comment