Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Music and Dinner: Highwater Rising, Shake and Bake Pork Chops And Asian Horror Remakes

Movies: I've designated tonight as Catching Up On Asian Horror Remakes That I Haven't Seen - a double bill of "ONE MISSED CALL" and "SHUTTER." Both original movies are slightly overrated. They feel like horror programmers - formula movies usually released early in the year, and PG-13, that stick strictly genre rules, offering nothing new. They're comfort food, which isn't a bad thing. I usually enjoy these flicks, because they are comfort food. Not everything has to be "groundbreaking."

The original "ONE MISSED CALL" and "SHUTTER" are effective enough exercises, though, to count them as wins. The "ONE MISSED CALL" remake has Ed Burns (who I will defend until I die) and the cute-as-a-button Shannyn Sossamon (who I will love until I die.) "SHUTTER" features the underrated Joshua Jackson.

Dinner: Shake n' Bake pork chops, homemade Mac n' Cheese, veggies.

Music: Highwater Rising, "The In Between." Sort of Coldplay, less "Cold" more "play." LOVE: "Coming Undone," "Wasted Days," "Life In Three Parts," "Can't Wait Around, and "Kissing Tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment