Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Music and Dinner: Teitur, Mary Lou Lord, Pot Pie, South Park And Scrubs

Every night, I cook. (Yes, ladies, a man who can cook. And not just in the kitchen, if you know what I mean. Sometimes I grill.) I always do this to music, thanks to Rhapsody and my massive CD collection.

Tonight's music selection: Teitur "Poetry And Airplanes." Somewhere between David Gray and Robbie Robertson. It's moody, atmospheric and romantic. Fave songs: "One and Only," "Poetry and Airplanes," "Rough Around The Edges."
And, Mary Lou Lord "Got No Shadow." She reminds me somewhat of Susanna Hoff (her solo CD, not with The Bangles.) It's exemplary adult folk rock. "Lights Are Changing" (of course), "She Had You," "Jingle Jangle Morning" and "Two Boats."

Tonight's food: a homemade chicken pot pie variation. A can of cream of cheddar soup. A can of cream of chicken soup. Boneless chicken breasts and a package of chopped broccoli.
Viewing: some South Park dvd's and "Scrubs" on WGN.

No comments:

Post a Comment