Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Script Updates

My horror comedy "PROM NIGHT OF THE UNDEAD," formerly "NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE KILLERS," is being read by a production comedy. ("Formerly," because another producer wanted a "catchier" title. I ended up agreeing with him, though I still dig "NOTZK.") "PROM NIGHT OF THE UNDEAD" is one part "CLUELESS," another part "DAWN OF THE DEAD" (or any other zombie title. That was just the first one that came to mind. There's a terrible one called "NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES" where I guess my co-writer and I stole the title and added "KILLERS." There's also "PROM NIGHT," which I just stuck "OF THE UNDEAD" onto the end. I need to get more creative. ) Anyway, I'm an 80's horror and teen comedy junkie. This is an ode to those wonderful, classic movies.

My romantic comedy - yes, you read that right - romantic comedy, "SWEETEST CHANCES," (shut up) is being read by another company. I love the warm whimsy of a Cameron Crowe movies ("warm whimsy?" Who's writing this garbage. Oh, right.) This is an ode to those wonderful, classic movies. (Did I just use that? I don't feel like scrolling up and looking.) I was trying to capture that. I think I did.

Originally, the great Lauren Woodland was interested in "SWEETEST CHANCES." Maybe it will wend its way back to her.

Good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment